Up until I was nominated, I’d never actually heard of the Versatile Blogger Award, so it was a lovely surprise to be put forward… Yes, there’s a strategic philosophy behind it, namely to increase traffic and broaden blog readerships, but still, out of all the trillions of blogs out there someone saw fit to credit mine with the title and for that, GuernseyGirl, I thank you.
Now apparently, there are a couple of things I have to do as a recipient – firstly, to reveal seven random things about myself that I’ve never previously mentioned and secondly, nominate 15 other blogs to also receive the award.
So, here goes with the random facts:
1. I’ve never learnt how to ride a bike because as a child I was never allowed to go near one. Such contraptions were deemed far too dangerous by my mother – I know, I haven’t lived!
2. When I was nine I began learning to play the cello – an instrument that was almost as tall as I was, making transporting it here and there somewhat difficult. Yes, I am of the generation that had to walk to and from school everyday.
3. Having always had a crush on John Barnes, when I randomly spotted him in the same bar as me one particular evening I actually hyperventilated at the sight of him.
4. Unfortunately, I’m scared of heights – a condition that left me clinging like a limpet to the side of Pen-y-Ghent when I attempted to reach its summit and yes, it was my idea to go up there in the first place.
5. I was elected as Head Girl at secondary school, which I thought was something of an honour until I was told it was merely a token title… all the important stuff falling into the Head Boy’s remit. And people wonder why I turned into a feminist.
6. Although I became a natural blonde I was actually born with Jet Black hair. This coupled with my lovely dark skin, left my mother wondering if she’d actually been given the wrong baby.
7. Now I thought long and hard about revealing this one as it’s probably the most embarrassing thing about me. In fact, I can already hear the sniggers! My middle name is ‘Doreen’… Parents can be so cruel, can’t they?
Anyways, now I’ve got that out of the way you’ll have to tune in next time to find out who I think deserves to also wear The Versatile Blogger badge, as I need to go and pour myself a rather stiff drink…
Never in my life have I ever admitted to revelation number 7!